The benefits of Kale is uhhh-mazing!
The best quality kale is found at your local farmers market. When I don’t get a chance to make it to the Farmers market I go to Trader Joes and grab 3-4 bags of Organic Kale to last me the week. Everyday I try to eat approx 2-3 leaves a day.
Some call Kale ”the new beef” or “the queen of greens”. Kale has more iron than beef per calorie and is very high in Vitamin K, full of powerful antioxidants and much more:
- Kale is high in fiber and low in calories
- Kale has more calcium than milk It’s worth noting that kale has 150mg of calcium per 100 grams, while milk has 125mg
- One cup of Kale has more Vitamin C than an orange
- Great at fighting many cancers (Kale is rich in Organosulfur compounds which are known to fight cancer, especially colon cancer)
- Kale is great for cardiovascular support (can help lower cholesterol levels)
- Kale is high in Vitamin A (Vitamin A is great for your vision, your skin as well as helping to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers)
- Kale is a great detox food. (High in fiber and sulfur, great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy)
Kale has been known to affect your thyroid by unique compounds called Goitrogens. In order for your thyroid to function properly it is important that you get your fair share of iodine intake (sea vegetables, yogurt, cow’s milk, eggs, strawberries and mozzarella cheese) as Iodine and Goitrogens compete.
Enjoy your kale!